4.Planet Hell
5.Creek Mary's Blood
6.The Siren
7.Dead Gardens
8.Romanticide
9.Ghost Love Score
10.Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan
11.Higher than Hope

Dark Chest Of Wonders-Great song , with great opening "Once I had a Dream...And this is it" Full of powerful rythm!!!

Wish I had an Angel-Eh!!! Awesome song! Powerful drums!! And of course..It needs to be great 'cause Marco is singing in it!! It is soo interesting that he can sing like an angel and then like
a devil!!!

Nemo-A song that "picked" up NW fans! Most of them heard Nemo first!
I love this one! Amazing solo-what to say more!?

Planet Hell-Jukka's great opening with "thunder drums" . So amazing and powerful

Creek Mary's Blood-Sad song...So peaceful and beautiful...Talks about people who had their place to live
But the "white" people came and took it !! Sad

The Siren
-This one is a little different...Has Ethnic rythm...great song...Tarja's voice sounds great here
(and Anette's too ^_^)

Dead Gardend-Awesome song..I wonder why don't they play it live scratch ...It would sound amazing!!

Romanticide-Great song...starts with powerful drums!!! They did not play it live with Tarja..
But they did that with Anette...Believe me...It is awesome!!!

Ghost Love Score-Another epic , powerful song like TPATP! My 2nd fav NW song!
So great and the confetti!!! Oh my God...I cried on a concert when Anette sanged it!!! So beautiful!!! After TPATP...best NW song!! Powerful violins...OMG!!!!

Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan-beautilul song!! So peaceful!! The English Translate is "Death Makes an Artist"

Higher than Hope-Beautiful song! Great rythm!! So beautiful!!!

This was the lasr album with Tarja..I think it is awesome!! But Now Anette replaced her...She is a perfect choice..She sanged almost all of this songs-and it was awesome...Well...Anette is a metal-Rock singer and Tarja is Operatic vocal and we shouldn't compare them!
Both have brilliant voices!!
This album deserves 100/100-and higher

Last edited by EnaGothic on Sun May 10, 2009 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eNe
Lord Heretic
Lord Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish-Once (Review by EnaGothic)   Tue May 05, 2009 8:28 pm

Actually the style Anette uses is called pop singing, Simone as example uses it too (well Sisi uses opera too), but the real name for it is pop style, it's not argument (well not for me) it's just fact Wink, the style Floor uses sometimes would be better called rock singing, not Anette's style, in any means haha (with the Abba tone she has from the years god no haha), and she yoddles too, she does that on live shows, or did atleast, last summer on Tuska she yoddled all opera parts, well its the only possibility to fill the opera spots, did she do that on your gig too?

Nice review afterall Smile, bit too fan'esque!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://openground.forumotion.net
EnaGothic
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Job/hobbies : Graphics,Music,Horrors
Humor : Hehehehehe

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish-Once (Review by EnaGothic)   Wed May 06, 2009 7:41 pm

Well...I respect your thinking for Anette...Tuomas choosed her and said that she is a singer for A+...
He didn't want a soprano...There is no pop voice...just Soprano , mezzo-soprano and alt Wink
She didn't "yoddled " at the concert..she is not doing that...
I was listening to her and it was beautiful...She sings from her heart and emotions...
She was better than perfect on the gig...she is also kind and sweet too Razz

Tnx Eetu...I know it is a little fanish review but I needed to tell what I think sooooooo.....
You know...ABBA was a great band in the 80's...better 80's pop that today's pop.....
She is a Sweedish girl sooo she had to listen to them...But also she ADORES Epica , Within Temptation , Tarot...Her fav singers are Simone Simons , Sharon Den Adel...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eNe
Lord Heretic
Lord Heretic

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish-Once (Review by EnaGothic)   Wed May 06, 2009 11:08 pm

soprano etc are the voice range, but pop,jazz, classical, rock are singing techniques.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://openground.forumotion.net
EnaGothic
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish-Once (Review by EnaGothic)   Thu May 07, 2009 2:29 am

I know this will sound strange to you ... but Anette is a one type of a soprano..she was in rock-opera and in a classic rock band...
Did you know that all began from rock?...Anyawy..she is soo kind and sweet..I was in front of them all...got 5 hugs , smiles , autograph...*sorry..I know this is offtopic now*
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish-Once (Review by EnaGothic)   Thu May 07, 2009 9:15 pm

I gotta say this review doesn't tell me very much. Its a good thing I've already own and listen to the cd other wise I wouldn't check it out. Each song reivew only picks out presonal highlights. Its doesn't tell about the music,vocals, or lyrics of each song. I'm sorry but I find this review to be lacking much intrest and info.
Back to top Go down
EnaGothic
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish-Once (Review by EnaGothic)   Sun May 10, 2009 4:43 pm

The lyrics are sooo powerful..and sometimes it is hard to understand the song,the lyrics
But the music is awesome!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish-Once (Review by EnaGothic)   

Back to top Go down

Nightwish-Once (Review by EnaGothic)
Page 1 of 1