Open Ground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enter the Cavern

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Emilie Autumn

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Emilie Autumn Empty
PostSubject: Emilie Autumn   Emilie Autumn Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:28 am

Quote :
Emilie Autumn Emilie11
Courtney Love's "anarchy violinist" returns to the stage and is keeping the spotlight all to herself. With appearances on Leno and Letterman, glossy magazine centerfolds, and guest spots on the albums of such artists as Love, Billy Corgan, Metalocalypse and more under her corset strings, Emilie Autumn's devilishly dark lyrics, metal-shredding violin solos, and industrial-strength voice reinvent "gothic" for the masses.

Chosen by Interview Magazine as one of their "14 Artists to Watch," EA's theatrical stage show is a sexy circus of gothic burlesque backed by her all-girl band known underground as the Bloody Crumpets. But as the sole composer, performer, and producer of her dramatic new album, "OPHELIAC," EA gets personal. Written in the style she calls "victoriandustrial," "OPHELIAC" draws upon EA's influences as a child prodigy classical violinist and combines them with her passion for the harsh industrialism of Laibach & Front 242, the sublime melodicism of Depeche Mode, and the drama of Moi Dix Mois and Visual Kei. Accentuated by EA's signature metal-style violin shredding, heartbreakingly lush strings, and menacing lyrics growled with enough intensity to make your hairs stand on end, the resulting noise is a harpsichord-heavy romp through Victorian asylums where screaming is allowed and girls always get revenge.

2007 and 2008 were filled with nearly non-stop European touring from EA and her traveling circus, and the Asylum stage show has grown with each incarnation, quickly changing viewer's expectations from rock show to Broadway musical. November 2008 marked the first Asylum show in the US, a sold out New York extravaganza, and 2009 will bring the touring production back to the US for the first North American Asylum Tour. The 2009 tour will be entitled "The Asylum: The Gate Part II," and tickets are already available for pre-sale. EA and her Crumpets (Aprella, Naughty Veronica, The Blessed Contessa, and Captain Maggot) are currently on tour in Europe.

Of course, for those wanting to get past the Asylum gates, EA's new book, "The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls" will be released in 2009. Written and lavishly illustrated by EA, "The Asylum..." book is perhaps the most complete account of bipolar disorder ever penned, and will take readers behind the doors of both a modern day psych ward and a victorian insane asylum in this true to life horror tale of madness, murder, and medical experimentation.

But beware: It is much easier to get into the Asylum than it is to get out..

I Want My Innocence Back

Remember

Rapunzel
Back to top Go down
(a.1.n.0)
Passing Dead End
Passing Dead End
(a.1.n.0)

Job/hobbies : stalking, bitching, drinking, trying to be true evil.
Humor : non-existing.

Emilie Autumn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emilie Autumn   Emilie Autumn Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:31 am

hm, this might go to femme fronted.

my friend absolutel adore her, even so much that i am starting to question her preferences. *lol*

she went to ea's gig and after that it was only thing she discussed. well i still hasn't found a song that would make me gop: "wou"
Back to top Go down

Emilie Autumn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emilie Autumn   Emilie Autumn Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:36 am

Quote :
hm, this might go to femme fronted.

It can go there but not all femme fronted post have to go there. Its getting crowded enough in the area.
Back to top Go down
(a.1.n.0)
Passing Dead End
Passing Dead End
(a.1.n.0)

Emilie Autumn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emilie Autumn   Emilie Autumn Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:40 am

^tsihihi, true.

well, this doesn't really fit anywhere else either.

i hope i can find one pic (and get permission) to show it to you lot.

it is my friend dressed in ea fashion.

Razz Laughing
Back to top Go down

Emilie Autumn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emilie Autumn   Emilie Autumn Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:43 am

Lol. I want to see it. A girl I knew online try to mimic her once and come out looking like stalker drag queen. It was really horrible.
Back to top Go down
(a.1.n.0)
Passing Dead End
Passing Dead End
(a.1.n.0)

Emilie Autumn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emilie Autumn   Emilie Autumn Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:44 am

i have to see can i useit here, if she has take it off from her ms i cannot show it, but if it still there, i can ask from her.
Back to top Go down
EnaGothic
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer
EnaGothic

Job/hobbies : Graphics,Music,Horrors
Humor : Hehehehehe

Emilie Autumn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emilie Autumn   Emilie Autumn Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 10:37 pm

She is okay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Emilie Autumn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emilie Autumn   Emilie Autumn Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Emilie Autumn
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Open Ground :: Music :: Other Music-
Jump to: