Open Ground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enter the Cavern

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marilyn Manson

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Marilyn Manson Empty
PostSubject: Marilyn Manson   Marilyn Manson Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 4:19 am

Quote :
Marilyn Manson Marily11
Marilyn Manson is an American rock band founded by Brian Warner and Scott Putesky in the city of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Advocates of nonconformity and iconoclasm, often utilizing controversial imagery and lyrical content, it is difficult to categorize the band, however, as each album thus far has had a distinct and individual sound, and the band and frontman endeavor to devise and use a unique image and aesthetic for each album's era. The band was formed in 1989 as "Marilyn Manson & the Spooky Kids". The band's uniquely theatrical performances gathered a local cult following that subsequently developed into a worldwide fanbase. The band's lineup almost always changes between album releases. The current members of the band are the eponymous lead singer Marilyn Manson, bassist Twiggy Ramirez, drummer Ginger Fish and keyboardist Chris Vrenna.

Marilyn Manson's reputation has likewise grown, with the band now considered one of modern music's most widely-known and most controversial; this has been due, in large part, to eponymous lead singer Marilyn Manson — born Brian Warner — and his frequent clashes with religious and political figures. The name of each band member was originally created by combining the first name of an iconic female sex symbol and the last name of an iconic mass murderer or serial killer, doing so to demonstrate the odd dichotomy of society (American society, in particular). In recent years, new members of the band have strayed away from this formula and used their own names. The members of the band dress in outlandish makeup and costumes, and have engaged in intentionally shocking behavior both onstage and off. Their lyrics often receive criticism for their anti-religious sentiment and their references to sex, violence and drugs. Marilyn Manson's music and performances have frequently been called offensive and obscene, and, more than a few times, protests and petitions have led to the group being banned from performing.

As this controversy began to wane, so did the band's mainstream popularity. Despite this, its many devoted fans have made Marilyn Manson a consistently high-profile group: three of the band's albums have been awarded platinum certification and three more have been awarded gold, and the band has seen four of its releases debut in the top ten, including two number-one albums. In June 2003, Jon Wiederhorn of MTV.com referred to Marilyn Manson as "the only true artist today". VH1 also ranked Marilyn Manson as the 78th best rock band on their 100 Great Artists of Hard Rock.

Mechanical Animals
Back to top Go down
Username
Passing Dead End
Passing Dead End
Username

Job/hobbies : Hippie Stoner
Humor : Well.....

Marilyn Manson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson   Marilyn Manson Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:01 pm

Omg! He looks like hes gonna cream his pants the way he's standing! hahaha! I love Manson though. And his gf is in my all time favorite movie. But shes a whore
Back to top Go down

Marilyn Manson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson   Marilyn Manson Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:04 pm

I love Manson. His gf not so much. She broke up his marriage with Dita von Tesse. I think his older works was his best.
Back to top Go down
Username
Passing Dead End
Passing Dead End
Username

Marilyn Manson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson   Marilyn Manson Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:04 pm

I love his This is halloween they should put it on the actual movie
Back to top Go down

Marilyn Manson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson   Marilyn Manson Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:10 pm

I haven't heard it yet. But I'm sure its better than Amy Lee's lame ass cover. I swear she ruins everything she touches but anyway. I love his conver of Sweet Dreams and The Dope Show.
Back to top Go down
Username
Passing Dead End
Passing Dead End
Username

Marilyn Manson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson   Marilyn Manson Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:17 pm

Omg Sweet Dreams is my favorite song of his. I love the video
Back to top Go down
Wyld_stallyon
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer
Wyld_stallyon

Marilyn Manson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson   Marilyn Manson Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:51 pm

I love the "This is Halloween" cover. A few others too, but that's my favourite.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Marilyn Manson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marilyn Manson   Marilyn Manson Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marilyn Manson
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Open Ground :: Music :: Rock-
Jump to: