Open Ground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enter the Cavern

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kerli

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Kerli Empty
PostSubject: Kerli   Kerli Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 5:11 am

Quote :
Kerli 85310
Kerli Kõiv (born February 7, 1987), known by her stage name Kerli, is an Estonian singer who is best known for her appearance in the 2002 Fizz Superstar competition (first Baltic version of American Idol). She sang Nelly Furtado's song "I'm like a bird" and won the competition with 95 points and got a record deal. In 2004, she also took part in Eurolaul competition. In the event, she performed the song "Beautiful Inside" and accumulated 3,638 points overall in the judging and televoting processes. Her total points would only allow her to finish in 2nd place, however, with Neiokõsõ winning the event. Kerli also competed in the 2003 Swedish Melodifestivalen with the song "Let's Go", finishing 7th in the second semi-final.

Estonian singer Kerli was born in Elva, an Estonian town with a population of 5,000, in 1987. As a teen, she dreamed of becoming a pop star and leaving her homeland, and studied singing, dancing, acting, and piano. In 2002, she won Fizz Superstar, a singing competition of 3 Baltic countries. A year later, she competed in Sweden's Melodifestivalen, but was eliminated in the second semifinal round. In 2004, she was the runner-up in that year's Eurolaul, a televised competition that determines the song that will represent Estonia in the Eurovision Song Contest. She continued to perform and write songs, ultimately scoring an audition with L.A. Reid, who signed her to Island Def Jam in 2006.

Even when the media in Estonia labeled failure as "Kerli Syndrome", because the record deal she won on Fizz Superstar didn't work out, Kerli felt no resentment towards her home country. She told Neon Limelight in a 2008 interview:

“ No, I don’t feel any resentment. For a while, because I left Estonia and Estonians didn’t hear anything about me so all these Estonian young singers were like… I guess they’re slowly turning around now and understanding that I really was doing something here

In 2006 Kerli signed a contract with Island Def Jam records. Kerli worked with producer, songwriter, and mixer David Maurice on an autobiographical set of songs, the first batch of which were released on the digital EP Kerli in 2007 and her debut album, titled Love Is Dead released on July 8, 2008. It includes the songs "Walking on Air," "She's in Parties" and "Love Is Dead". The music video for "Love Is Dead" was released by Universal Music Group on February 29, 2008 and the music video for "Walking on Air" premiered on MTV Overdrive on May 20, 2008. Starting in mid-July 2008, "Walking on Air" has been getting minimal rotation on Top 40 stations. "Walking on Air" was also the free "Single of the Week" on iTunes for the week of July 21, 2008.

During the 2008 season finale of "So You Think You Can Dance?", FOX used Kerli's video for "Walking on Air" for part of a commercial promoting their new show Fringe. Kerli's song "Creepshow" was used in the game Burnout Paradise for its in-game soundtrack and by Fox for its promotion of Fringe's April 7, 2009 return.

She was chosen to perform the theme for the 2008 videogame Quantum of Solace, "When Nobody Loves You". She also can be heard performing track number 6, entitled Bulletproof, on the official soundtrack of Punisher: War Zone. Among her exceptional singing talents, Kerli has also dappled into acting—lending her voice to the upcoming film Hired Gun, playing the character of Morgan.

In January 2009, Kerli's managment canceled her European tour with Finnish group The Rasmus. The reason was the recording of her second album, which is rumored to be produced by Tricky and The Dream.

Love is Dead
Back to top Go down
Username
Passing Dead End
Passing Dead End
Username

Job/hobbies : Hippie Stoner
Humor : Well.....

Kerli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kerli   Kerli Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 8:50 pm

poser gloves
Back to top Go down

Kerli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kerli   Kerli Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:12 pm

I only like three of her songs. Love is Dead, Walking in Air, and When Nobody Loves You. The other songs by her are boring and ugh.
Back to top Go down
Username
Passing Dead End
Passing Dead End
Username

Job/hobbies : Hippie Stoner
Humor : Well.....

Kerli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kerli   Kerli Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:45 pm

I really dont care much for her work. It sounds like something a seven year old likes. I do agree that those three songs are her best work though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kerli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kerli   Kerli Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kerli
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Open Ground :: Music :: Pop-
Jump to: